Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Days!

 
Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying your Spring days! After a quick snowstorm yesterday morning which melted by afternoon, we have been having some lovely weather. Today was beautiful! We are enjoying eating dinner out on the deck again. The girls helped me plant some pansies in little corners of the garden.  It feels good to spruce everything up after a long winter. I love having color in the garden again.

 
The daffodils are starting to bloom everywhere. I hope to show you some pictures soon.
 
First, I would like to introduce you to our outside kitty, Squeezy Nosey. Yes, that is his name! A special name given to him by a then three year old girl who thought it was the perfect name after he tried to squeeze her nose.  He is a wonderful cat who enjoys long naps and relaxing on our deck.
Isn't he regal and lion-like?

This sweet girl is completely responsible for his name! She loves him and all her animals.

Our female mallard duck has been missing for a few days. We spotted her this morning by the pond, then she flew away.  I believe she is quietly sitting on a clutch of eggs somewhere along the creek bottom!! I hope! I would love to see her with some ducklings of her own!
 
Enjoy the rest of the week!
 
Thanks for visiting,
Erin


2 comments:

  1. Your potted pansies are such a beautiful sight! I love the color! And yes your kitty looks like a lion!!! What a cool looking guy! And what a fantastic shot of your daughter! How lucky are you guys to have a bridge like that...I do hope that your mama duck has some babies this spring! Keep us posted! A wonderful week to you friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pansies are always good for bringing colour into the garden and they last so long. Nice to see your daffodils opening - spring wouldn't be spring without them. What a magnificent puss he seems to enjoy having his photo taken - and I think your daughter is excellent at choosing names - most original.

    ReplyDelete