Monday, March 3, 2014

Daffodil Daydreaming

 It is another beautiful snowy day here--a good day to stay inside and dream of what is to come in the month of March! I poured you a cup of tea. Find yourself a cozy spot with a throw blanket and join me for a tour of my daffodils!

 





 

 
Nothing says March quite like the arrival of
Ice Follies! I love their name and those creamy yellow/white flowers! They are usually the first to appear in my garden.
 



 

 
"I look upon the whole country in spring-time as a spacious garden, and make as many visits to a spot of daisies,or a bank of violets, as a florist does to his borders or parterres. There is not a bush in blossom within a mile of me which I am not acquainted with, nor scarce a daffodil or cowslip that withers away in my neighborhood without my missing it." -Joseph Addison
 



 

Emmylou Bunny, Cousin Ava Bunny, and Arabelle Bunny
 

I leave you with these three sweet little bunnies enjoying the daffodils! The oldest bunnies will soon be eight, and the baby bunny is now four!! They grow as fast as a field of Daffodils!
 
I hope you enjoyed your tea!
 
Stay warm!
Erin
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Your daffodils and bright and beautiful teacup are amazing!!!!!!! Goodness you have so many amazing varieties!!! And how true about the little ones growing so fast.....that picture is adorable!!!!! Are you a fan of Emmylou Harris the musician? Fantastic name! Thank you for the inspiration! Wonderful week to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole! Thanks for your sweet blog comments!
      Yes, she is named after Emmylou Harris. I have always loved her voice and her name! Have a wonderful week! Erin

      Delete
  2. Nothing beats the taste of tea from a bone china cup. I have just been looking through my bulb catalogue - planning what I might plant for flowering in my spring garden. I do like the look of those Ice Follies of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Those daffodils are just gorgeous. Yesterday I was actually thinking about spring bulbs and wondering when we would see them bloom here in my neck of the woods. Love that last photo - too cute!

    PS - Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete