Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March Madness

After three warm days, this afternoon everything changed! The clouds thickened, the winds picked up, and the temperatures dropped quickly. Now, it is snowing! I do believe this is why I love March! I love the snow, the flowers, and the mix of indoors and outdoors. I love the flurry of activities that greets the new season ahead.
 
 
 
 
These days we are:

-Watching temperatures change at the drop of a hat!
-Cutting lots of firewood for next year!
-Mulching flower beds/garden clean-up
-Planting onions
-Enjoying pond life and crocus blooms!
-Homeschooling
-Planting seeds
-Trying out our new incubator
-Celebrating a birthday week (ending with a sleepover)
-Playing cards and enjoying Grandma's visit!

 
I hope your days are filled with some March Madness as well!
Thanks for visiting,
Erin

6 comments:

  1. Now that is just awesome!!! All of your gardening makes me long to get shaking outside! We had another snow storm last night! Looks like heaven where you are and your busy doings are just fantastic! And what is that little fella in the pond?!?! You enjoy the March madness! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pond is loaded with salamanders and frogs this time of year. Itis a noisy place to be- the frogs sure know how to belt out a song! :)

      Delete
  2. Are you incubating chicken eggs? If so, what breeds? I'm impressed with all the garden work you are doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Silver Laced Wyandott and Barred Plymouth Rock chicken eggs in there. Also, some Pekin and Flying Mallard duck eggs. I am enjoying all the gardening; it never feels like work! :)

      Delete
  3. How exciting. :-)
    I read above you are planning to have Barred Plymouth Rock chickens.My favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are really starting to come to life in your neck of the woods! Spring is such a magical time of year. I do love the flurry of activity in preparing for warmer days as well :)

    ReplyDelete