Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Joys!

Everything is waking up here! It is so nice to be out in the garden again after a long winter! Spring is here at last!! The crocuses are blooming, the daffodils are coming along, and outside projects have begun.
My talented husband built this part of our home. The other side of the house is an old, renovated schoolhouse. And, school is still in session daily here! 
Oops, Emmy spilled the peas! No worries! My grandfather always told me, "peas like company, so plant them close!" I think of him every time we plant peas--or, when his sweet, great-granddaughter drops some (or the whole pack)!

 


Wolfgang loves to swim in our pond. He is known to swim for three hours while my husband mows the grass. He enjoyed his first swim of the season very much!
Rocky and Frankie strutting their stuff, always! Such proud fellows!
Pinkie and Radar enjoy the stream that flows below our home.
 
My garden grows along Wolfpen Run, a quiet stream that flows into the nearby Birch River.  The ducks love their stream and we love our ducks. This has been our first year keeping ducks and have enjoyed them so much.  We have duck eggs in our incubator, so more ducklings soon, we hope!
My one ambition is to make the home the most happy and attractive place for our family. This is where gardening fits in. I think everyone is happy outside in the garden surrounded by natural beauty!

I hope you will join me as I document our adventures at home in the garden.
 
Happy Springtime!
Erin


6 comments:

  1. Your garden and your home are absolutely beautiful! I love those shots of your kids planting and my goodness.....look at the bridge and your ducks!!! Everything is just a perfect playground of adventure for your kids! The best way to grow up!!!! A wonderful spring to you friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Outside with nature is such a wonderful gift.
    I love your garden photos and your planting photos too.
    xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those crocuses - I should get some to flower here next spring. Would love to see more of your house one day - I am very curious about how others live. Enjoy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome place you live in! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in the garden as it sounds a bit like our life but we're on the other side of the world and now in autumn. My daughter loves planting peas too - but eating them is the best. :-) You must be very busy with all these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely environment for children to grow up. Our puppy loves to swim in the ocean so I am sure she would enjoy playing with Wolfgang.

    Have a great spring day in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see the children interested in making things grow - and seeing your dog enjoying being in the water - although it has turned colder here - spring has definitely sprung.

    ReplyDelete