Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Strawberry Tart Day

 
 Today was the perfect day to bake one of my favorite tarts. I love this as a strawberry tart, but also with fresh currants picked from the garden. This really is too good not to share. 
 
Strawberry Tart
 
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 stick butter
1 c. sugar, plus 2 tbsp.
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
fresh strawberries for topping
juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients and set aside.  Cream butter and 1c. sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Incorporate flour mixture. Mix. Pour batter into greased pan. Chill for 20 minutes.  Arrange strawberries on top of the dough. Pour lemon juice over top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Bake 45 minutes.
 
 
 
 
 
Beautiful, West Virginia hills. You are my home.

 
I love the hostas as most of my garden is shade.
 


 
Emmylou dresses to match the flowers! She is my little fashionista!
 

 
 

 
Recycled boots make an excellent planter!
 


 
Look, I still have daffodils!I can never seem to have enough of them. I moved these around amongst the miniature hostas--a cute combo! I hate to say good-bye to daffodil season. These sweet ones are the last to grace the garden.
 
 
 
 
"I am still devoted to the garden. But though an old man. I am but a young gardener."
--Thomas Jefferson


 
Happy Baking and Gardening to you!
 
Thanks for visiting,
 
Erin 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree your tart looks delicious. Loving the pictures of the garden and your beautiful surroundings. The pictures of your daughter are delightful and her outfit goes so well with the flowers and the colour of her hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin....the tart is amazing looking!!! i will have to try making one! And that view is such a beautiful backdrop for your garden! I have a lot of shade as well so I am such a fan of all of my shade plants! Yours look stunning! Have a great weekend with your sweet kiddos...your fashionista is a doll! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boot idea for a planter.
    Your photos are amazing!
    I would love to visit your garden. It looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to steal your boot planter idea, that would be great for outside my front door :) Your tart looks great, I haven't made a strawberry tart in forever. My mom made all kinds of tarts growing up and they were delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, returning the favor :) I always support other WV bloggers!

    ReplyDelete