Monday, April 14, 2014

Sights and Sounds




Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Spring is my favorite time of year, and I have been enjoying all the sights and sounds of the season.  The butterflies are out everywhere, landing on all the flowers. My daughters walk around with long nets trying to catch them. If they can't catch a butterfly, they move to the pond where there are plenty of frogs to catch! Oh, the joys of playing outside in Spring!
 
 
This little cherry tree in front of the house is starting to blossom. I love all the delicate white petals. Last year, I made my first cherry pie from cherries picked fresh from this tree. I hope to do it again this year! Nothing is more delicious!
 
 
 
I still have a lot of daffodils blooming and the tulips are just starting to open.




 
 
 Meet Cupcake and Morning. They are the sweetest little things ever!
 

 
 
 
Wolfgang is working hard in the garden. He loves to trample all my flowers as he goes after the bees and butterflies! I am hoping he will make it up to me in deer patrol this summer!

 




 
This chair is my trash to treasure project! I found it in my aunt's trash!! She saw a twinkle in my eye that I had plans for it! It makes a wonderful planter for some daffodils.

 


 
 
 
 

 
Have a wonderful week!
 
Thanks for visiting,
Erin
 


7 comments:

  1. Your spring photos are just beautiful - so perfect too with Easter this weekend. Not quite the same in New Zealand having Easter in Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend !!!!!! I loved everything here!!!! I so very badly want a cherry tree for that very reason!!! And your baby ducks are just the cutest! And I am loving that chair.....what a score...and such a pretty focal point in your space! You are surrounded by so much beauty!!! Happy day to you!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spring flowers on such a bright day. I love the battered old chair it looks delightful planted with daffodils. And as for the chicks - so cute. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how beautiful and full of Spring it is at your house. We are under a winter storm warning tonight, 8 to 12 inches of snow!
    I love your photos and your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! So much to love . . . daffodils . . . wicker chair with flowers . . . sweet chickies.

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, your photographs are beautiful. I love the flowers, trees and, of course, Cupcake and Morning.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is gorgeous and thanks so much for visiting my blog today!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete