Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Schoolhouse Kitchen



Hello everyone!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I thought I would give you a tour of our country kitchen. Part of our home was built in 1885 and was an old two room schoolhouse. The walls of these rooms are wormy chestnut with original floors and ceilings as well. My husband sand blasted all the old paint and brought it back to the original wormy chestnut, which is a dark wood.  Most of my dining room and my daughter's bedroom is also wormy chestnut wood. Six years ago we added a new kitchen with a large butcher block and wagon wheel that holds my cast iron skillets.  I had trouble getting a picture of the wagon wheel, so that will have to wait for another post. 
This kitchen is the centerpiece of our house as we all work and play from home...most days three meals are served here. 
I hope you enjoy my little photo tour....









"Ah! There's nothing like staying home for real comfort."
--Jane Austen




"Soul food is just what the name implies. It is soulfully cooked food or richly flavored food, good for your ever-loving soul."
--Sheila Fergusom







Thanks for visiting!

Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment