Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Reflections on Water

Today my thoughts are with the people of Charleston, West Virginia as they continue their fight for clean water. Almost a month after the January 9th chemical spill, the people of Charleston still do not trust their tap water. Imagine not trusting the water you drink or bathe in? We often take for granted that we can turn the tap on, know that it is safe, and know that it will be there tomorrow. This is not a unique situation for many West Virginians. The coal companies and logging companies find great value in this beautiful landscape and West Virginians have been exploited for years. Greed of a few trumps the basic necessities of many.
 
Wild and Wonderful West Virginia is my home, my family's home. West Virginia is an amazing landscape of countrysides crossed by streambeds in mountainous terrain. It is a countryside of towering shade trees, delicate flowers, beautiful rivers,and open meadows. It is a landscape to be loved and preserved for future generations.  

 
 

 Joy, contentment, and wonder are experienced by those that truly take the time to experience all of this natural beauty. Water runs through it all.


 
My hope is for those in political positions to make the right decisions and create regulations that restore the faith of a community. A community that just wants clean, healthy water. I think we all deserve that!
 
Thanks for visiting,
Erin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! I have heard of this ordeal and it breaks my heart. My friend Betty at My Irish Cottage Home has talked about her experience with the water situation as she is from there...and as I told her...our government needs to step up and protect people from businesses like this and protect our environment from further damage. Beautiful post friend. Thank you for raising awareness through your amazing words and photos. What a beautiful place! Have a wonderful week friend...Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete