Saturday, January 24, 2015

Winter Wonderland


Hello everyone!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. We are having a quiet day at home filled with all the things we love...bird watching, duck feeding, winter hikes, and tea/hot chocolate...



I was inspired by a blogging friend to read to the kids The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck by Beatrix Potter, a favorite book of ours. Our ducks are lucky to not have any "sandy whiskered gentlemen" (fox)in our neck of woods. At least, not that we have seen lately.



We went out and played with our favorite puddle-duck....
This is Emmylou feeding "Pinky Puddle-Duck"
Can you tell she likes her job?



This duck has a rich history with us and is so tame! Also, one of our first ducks. Now we are up to 13 duck pets!



"The shorter and the plainer the better."
--Beatrix Potter






I am thinking this quote might be a great reason for why I home school my children...hmm.. Beatrix might have been onto something...hmm...

"Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of my originality."
--Beatrix Potter




"With pomp, power and glory the world beckons vainly, in chase of such vanities why should I roam? While peace and content bless my little thatched cottage, and warm my own hearth with treasures of home."--- Beatrix Potter

Enjoy your day!

Thanks for visiting,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful winter pictures - and look, you have a Jemima, just like mine.

    ReplyDelete